1. A member of Candor must always remember that the rules of society come before anything else. There are no exceptions. Rules are meant to be adhered to, not bended. It is up to the members of Candor to set an example and enforce the laws that society has placed in order to keep the world’s balance in check.
2. Members of Candor also need to be able to be neutral in consideration with legal issues. A member of Candor needs to trust in the honesty of the system and the bare facts - emotional appeals that bend the truth in no way affect a Candor’s judgment.
3. You are the voice of reason among a race of people that thrive on clouded judgment. Use it and the power of Candor to better the world, remaining eternally honest.
4. Truth is black and white. Therefore, in Candor we express our dedication to the truth in our manner of dress. However, there’s no need to sacrifice style for truth. We encourage Candor faction members to show creativity in combining black and white looks for every day occasions.
5. Treat others with honesty and respect and if they don’t deserve your respect then be honest about it.
6. Being a Candor means not being afraid to be open about what you believe in, being strong enough to say what you feel without fear of repercussions, being insightful enough to know and accept the truth when it’s told to you, and being curious enough to seek out the truth when you know that it’s not.
7. Truth is a twofold virtue: You must be honest with yourself before you can truly be honest with others.
8. We view complete and utter honesty as the ultimate perfection. Our substance in the Choosing Ceremony is glass – it is transparent, clear, and open.
9. We know that while we are flawed in a unique way, we are not unique because we are flawed. We are authentic. We have no suspicions. And we are at peace with those around us.
10. The truth is the only thing worth having, and in a civilized life like ours, where so many risks are removed, facing it is almost the only courageous thing left to do.”
Follow these simple rules and being a Candor is no problem!